Monday, July 4, 2011

City Gate Outlet Food Court - Tung Chung Station

A few weekends ago, I wanted to check out the City Gate Outlet near the HK airport. I don't understand why so many people go there to shop. All the stores look messy and people seem to grab things as if they are free. $600 HKD for one Nautical shirt, that's considered on sale?!?!? people are out of their minds!

I can't wait to go back home next year to shop. I miss New Jersey's shopping malls/centers! Less people and more selections! Despite the that fact Woodbury Commons Outlet is overrated, but I still prefer to go there ANY TIME over City Gate Outlets. I don't think i will ever set foot into City Gate outlet again. I guess it's convenient if you are near the airport or you live around discovery bay. I used to think those asian people that get off the asian tour buses are CRAZY, but now i understand why they shop 'til they drop at Woodbury Commons. shopping is really cheaper in the U.S. than in HK!!!

Anyway, i think i have digressed. I wanted to point out that even though I dislike the stores at City Gate Outlet, its food court gets both thumbs up!! it's a gigantic food court. it has japanese food, korean food, chinese food, thai food, indian food, italian, american...IT HAS EVERYTHING.

I ordered the korean hot stone pot rice, and it was about $5 USD!!! for that price, it was worth every penny of it!!  the portion size is gigantic. it was very flavorful too! the complimentary soup was very tasty as well.  i also ordered a glass of the freshly squeezed fruit juice. DAMN IT MADE ME MISS MY JUICER BACK AT HOME!! i used to squeeze veggies and fruits whenever i wanted. I guess i can buy a new juicer in HK...

overall, if you around Tung Chung Station, you should definitely eat at the food court! i am sure you'll find something that will make everyone happy!

Hainan chicken with tofu side order, and some veggies

korean stone pot vermicelli, beef, eggs, seaweed and veggies over rice,  miso soup







freshly squeezed mango and watermelon drink

freshly squeezed dragon fruit and mango drink

kids playing with the water fountain outside the food court

No comments:

Post a Comment