Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Exploring Hong Kong! BEST noodle soup in HK so far

Now that I have moved to Hong Kong permanently, it's really a food heaven.

Everywhere you go, there is good food. I have yet to experience a bad restaurant. Some of the smaller restaurants have such amazing food, if you weren't brought there, you'll never find the tiny hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant. Most restaurants have very modern decoration and atmosphere is definitely top-knotch.

I hope my blog will help visitors in Hong Kong!

Kau Kee Restaurant 九记牛腩 - 21 Gough Street,  Central

Probably the best beef noodle soup i have had in hong kong so far. this is not a fancy looking restaurant. the seating isn't very comfortable. You have a few big tables that can probably each fit 5 people comfortably, but they will squeeze in at least 6-7 people with each table.

Sharing table is already uncomfortable, but chinese people tend to do it OFTEN during busy lunch/dinner times.  I have yet to get used to this. We went there on a Friday night, the line out of the door was SO LONG! We got really lucky to be seated down within 5 minute b/c we had a small party. Service may not be the best, but you come here for the beef brisket noodle soup! I don't really have high expectation on services on HK noodle shops. I mean, at $29 HKD a bowl of beef noodle soup, this is already more than i can ask for!

The soup based is very clear but has a distinct taste. it's so flavorful, i don't even know how to describe it, it's the best beef noodle soup i have ever had. NYC's chinatown really doesn't have anything like this...not even close! Some people say the soup base tastes so good b/c of MSG, I am not really sure yet, but I didn't get really thirsty afterwards. I'll have to go back and judge again. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment