Monday, June 13, 2011

Gui Ling Gao - "Turtle Jelly"

Let's face it...HK is not the best place to live in terms of weather. IT'S WAY TOO HOT AND HUMID. my body was aching so much the first two weeks when I first got here. I didn't do anything but my body would feel like i was a manual laborer. You know some older people would complain that their joints were hurting every time it rains...well that's exactly how I felt and it rained almost every other day.

Luckily I was introduced to Gui Ling Gao, it's a chinese herbal jelly, sometimes called Turtle Jelly. I am not really sure if it contains turtles these days. I care more about the herbal additives. Gui Ling Gao is good for improving skin conditions, improving circulation, relieving itching, reducing acne..etc etc.

this guiling gao place was a local store at Sheung Wan, it was only $35 each. less expensive but the place didn't have AC. it tasted just as good as those name brand turtle jelly. i couldn't tell the difference.


guil ling gao and some herbal tea that was really bitter.


I highly recommend trying one time. The most popular brand is Hai Tian Tang, which is a chain company, you'll see branches at almost every block in HK! it's $50 HKD for each Turtle Jelly. The store also sells other herbal teas, which I highly recommend as well. However, they are usually black and bitter. I only like the "Gui Ling Tea" b/c it's less bitter.

I really do feel better after I eat it or drink the gui ling tea. I swear it makes my whole body feels healthier! i really want to open a franchise store near my apt!! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment